"Railings" of a Derailed Mind

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Railing 3

They were meeting again after a long time..a really long time..Measured in years it could have been 5, 10 or 20 years..It just was very long

She asked "So what have you been doing all this while?"

"Nothing". He said.

"Nothing at all.?"

"Hmm..Nothing."

"But you said you would do things..u know..things like learn to ride a horse, to write a book, visit Europe..follow ur dreams and all that"

"Hmmm."

"Well..Then what happened?"

He shrugged. "Well I think I tried to..But things just didn't work out.."

"Why?"

"Well..They just didn't"
After a pause."Infact they Wouldn't"

"Why?"

"I don't know,actually.There was something or the other that would stop me..And finally when I decided that No..I am gonna do this thing and nothing's gonna stop me............"

"And"

"Something else would come up"

"So..u din't do anything that u said you would.."

"No.."

"How old are you?"

"45"

"Hmm"

He could see his hand fiddling with his shirt buttons, but he couldn't actually see them as he was seeing something else.
After a pause."So What have you been upto"

2 Comments:

  • accha hai .. really refelcts the real you :-) To put something "real u" in words is definitely very difficult..

    By Blogger Inds, at 9:33 AM  

  • Question: Would the answer be any different if the age was 60 or 75 or whatever? That's why I keep telling .... "always think long term"!

    By Blogger Sankara, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home